- Made of natural Boar Bristle, this brush is perfect for dry brushing. A natural way to get those lymph nodes moving & exfoliate your skin. Used in the shower, this contoured-handled gem cleans dirt, oil and residue from the pores.
- Dry brushing promotes skin rejuvenation and blood circulation. Use regularly for smoother and glowing skin.
- The wooden contoured handle is designed to target wider range of body parts, making it easier to reach certain areas in the back and neck.
- At Touch Me, we stand behind the quality of our natural bristles. Each brush is fully compact with bristles. We choose from a finer selection of bristles, making our brush ideal for both drying brushing and wet brushing.
Benefits of Dry Brushing
Besides making your skin feel soft and amazing there are many other benefits as well:
1. Lymphatic Support
The lymphatic system is a major part of the body’s immune system. It is made up of organs and lymph nodes, ducts, and vessels that transport lymph throughout the body. Many of these lymph vessels run just below the skin. Proponents of dry brushing claim that brushing the skin regularly helps stimulate the normal lymph flow within the body and helps the body detoxify itself naturally.
This benefit is often noticed the first time a person dry brushes. The process of running a firm, natural bristled brush over the skin helps loosen and remove dead skin cells, naturally exfoliating skin. Winter dry skin can use all the help it can get. Dry Brushing creates softer skin in the first few days and weeks after starting the routine.
3. Clean Pores and Reduces pore size
The added benefit of exfoliating the skin is clearing oil, dirt, and residue from the pores. Use a smaller, gentler dry brush for the face. Face feels softer and pores are reduced.
4. Reduces Cellulite
Yes please. Though the jury is still out, many people swear by regular dry brushing to help reduce cellulite. Using it withe lymph-Tox has added benefits to remove puffiness & reduce cheesy thighs.
5. Natural Energy Boost
Dry brushing can give a natural energy boost, so it is best to do it in the morning...unless you want to binge-watch your Netflix series, then by all means - dry brush at night. Mornings a good time to dry brush because the fluid from sleeping pool in the lymph nodes and needs a jolt to wake up. Because it increases circulation, it also increases energy.
How to dry brush the skin:
- Starting at the feet, brush the bottoms of your feet feet and move up your legs in long, smooth strokes. Brush each section of skin 10 times. For lymph flow, always brush toward the heart/chest area where the lymph system drains.
- As a good rule of thumb, always brush toward the center of the body.
- Repeat the same process with the arms, starting with the palms of the hands and brushing up the arm toward the heart. Again, brush each section of skin 10 times.
- On the stomach and armpits, brush in a circular clockwise motion.
- Repeat the process on your abdomen and back, and then switch to your face with the more delicate brush.
Note: Don’t brush too hard! A soft and smooth stroke often works best. Your skin will probably get a slightly pink after brushing, but it should never be red or sting. If it hurts at all, use less pressure!
If you brush before a shower, your body will absorbs Moko's Marula oil or another natural lotion much better.
Replace the brush every 6-12 months as the bristles will eventually wear out. Wash the brush every few weeks with castile soap or other natural soap to remove dead skin cells.
All recommendations are believed to be effective, but since actual use of these products is beyond our control and can vary from individual to individual, no guarantee as to the effects of their use can be given nor liability taken. Products are for external use only and are NOT for oral consumption. All products are intended for adult use and must be kept out of reach of children and pets. Please do not use any herbal products if pregnant, nursing, have epilepsy or have underlying conditions restricting you from using natural products. Please seek medical advice before using if any of the previously stated conditions apply to you. These products have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and does not intend to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, any medical condition, or substitute care by a medical practitioner.